We all know what it is to feel when things are out of our control, especially when it comes to infectious diseases. It is thus crucial we take responsibility for our health and keep our immune system strong (or start working on it). This can easily be done at home or on the go. I’ve been exploring the field of energy medicine for some time, and I’m happy to say that practicing it daily has caused a remarkable improvement in my health.
I used to get colds at least every three months, but since I’ve started practicing energy medicine my immunity got much stronger, and I haven’t had a cold for more than four years (which still fills me – an old ‘hypochondriac’ – with considerable disbelief).
A few tips for strengthening your immunity:
1) Do the Daily Energy Routine (or parts of it) daily – it only takes a few minutes.
The Daily Energy Routine is a set of simple but powerful exercises by the legendary healer Donna Eden, the founder of Eden Energy Medicine. She was born with the ability to see energies and as she learned to work with her energy systems, she managed to heal herself from a number of serious conditions including Multiple Sclerosis. She has taught thousands of people how to empower themselves by using their own energy to heal themselves and stay healthy.
I met Donna Eden and her husband, clinical psychologist David Feinstein in 2019. I highly admire their work. I’ve just completed Year 2 of the Eden Energy Medicine Certification program and I’d love everyone to learn about these great healing and self-healing tools. The Daily Energy Routine is one of them.
Each of the exercises in the Daily Energy Routine is designed to balance and strengthen specific energetic systems in your body, leading to greater resilience, the ability to fight illness, and feeling better in general.
Follow the steps in Donna Eden’s video and see how you feel after going through the exercises.
Below is an outline of the main points from this video. It is best to watch the video first and use these points as a reference afterwards.
THE DAILY ENERGY ROUTINE
1. THE FOUR THUMPS:
i) Cheekbones – grounding
ii) Collarbone – vitality
iii) Thymus – immune system
iv) Ribcage under breasts – metabolizing
2. THE CROSSOVER SHOULDER PULL – gives you energy, clarity of mind, supports healing
3. THE CROSS CRAWL – harmonizes energy patterns, helps the brain to function better
4. THE WAYNE COOK POSTURE – helps to stabilise emotions and improves focus
5. THE CROWN PULL – supports the flow of the cerebrospinal fluid, brings fresh energy into your head, good against headaches
6. CONNECTING HEAVEN AND EARTH – sends healing energies through your body, sends out built-up toxins
7. THE ZIP UP – strengthens your energetic field, protects against negative energies
8. THE HOOK UP – connects the central and governing meridians (at the front and back of your body) which creates a strong force, sending spiraling energy around the body and positively affecting all your energy systems. This simple exercise can sometimes stop a seizure. (Energy Medicine by Donna Eden, pg 99)
Note: During each exercise breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth
2) Try some of the exercises specifically targeted for the current situation related to the Covid-19 pandemic. In this video, Donna Eden and David Feinstein present several powerful immunity-boosting tools you can do absolutely anywhere. Check it out and ideally share it with others!
Once again, watch the video first and use these points as a further reference.
IMMUNITY BOOSTING TOOLS
1. THUMP YOUR THYMUS – to boost your immunity
2. MASSAGE THE POINTS UNDER YOUR KNEES (the ‘Stomach 36’ acupressure points) to stimulate nurturing energy and strengthen your immunity
3. MASSAGE YOUR NEUROLYMPHATIC REFLEX POINTS to help the lymph flow and remove toxins. These points can be found at multiple locations:
– at the seams of your arms (to move toxins out of the body)
– all around your chest (to move congestion out of your lungs)
– on the sternum (to help overcome illnesses and give you vitality)
– under your breast (for the stomach and liver reflex points)
– under the ribcage (massaging your spleen reflex points is particularly beneficial for your immune system)
– under the ribcage (all along) – the small intestine reflex points are also very important for your immunity
– an inch above the belly button, and an inch to each side (adrenal reflex points, great against stress and too much adrenalin)
– the sides of your thigh (outside: Large intestine reflex points / Inside: Small intestine reflex points)
– go down the side of your spine and massage all the neurolymphatic points (‘The Spinal Flush’). This is extremely cleansing and rejuvenating.
4. THE HOOK UP – connects front and back meridians which strengthens your aura and protects you against negative energies.
5. HOLD SPLEEN MERIDIAN ACUPRESSURE POINTS (follow Donna’s instructions in the video)
First pair: 2-3 minutes (do this twice – first on one side of your body, then on the other)
Second pair: 1 – 2 minutes (again, hold the points on both sides of the body – with this pair, it’s is easy to hold both sides in one go)
Holding these points strengthens your immune system and can also generate more inner joy.
6. HOLD / MASSAGE THE ‘LOWER DANTIAN’ CALMING POINTS:
Drop two inches below your belly button and press all your fingers into the area. There is an energy center called the Lower Dantian, and holding it calms fear and panic.
A follow-up on the immunity-boosting video above, with additional tips and exercises.
IMMUNITY BOOSTING TOOLS – PART II
1. MASSAGE THE TRIPLE WARMER POINT (see instructions at 0:45) to mobilise the protective force of this meridian in the optimal way
2. MASSAGE NEUROLYMPATICREFLEX POINTS (Kidney 27 – under your collarbone corners – see 1:52) – to help kidneys function well, help all the other meridians flow in the right direction
3. ‘RAKE’ YOUR NEUROLYMPHATIC REFLEX POINTS around the lung area to help them work well
4. DO STRETCHING EXERCISES e.g. the Ileocecal and Houston valves (3:10) – to help valves in your body open and keep poisons moving out of your body
5. BREATHE DEEP (especially on the out-breah)
6. STRETCH YOUR MOUTH WITH STAINLESS STEEL SPOON – to activate important meridians (4:19)
7. KEEP TAKING VITAMIN C to keep your immune system strong.
Please watch the videos and do the techniques that resonate with you. Having a strong and healthy immune system is one of the best things you can do to stay healthy during this time.
3) Try meditation! I swear by it and can’t recommend it enough. I was introduced to meditation (perhaps rather surprisingly) by ‘The God of Hell Fire’ Arthur Brown. If you’ve ever seen him on stage and wondered where he gets all that crazy energy, I can tell you – after my own experience – that this might well have something to do with it. Meditation is proven to give you more energy, strengthen your immunity, decrease your stress levels, improve your sleep, making you more creative, and much more.
See my article about the numerous benefits of meditation, where I share my own experience with regular meditation practice. If you are a busy person, it is exactly the right thing for you, because it will actually create more time in your day. You’ll find out for yourself as soon as you start practicing it regularly. Together with Donna Eden’s Daily Energy Routine, it’s one of the best things you could be doing for your immune system.
BY LUCIE DUN
Disclaimer: Some pages on this website contain affiliate links. This means that if you decide to make a purchase through my links, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. If you’d like to learn more about affiliate marketing, e.g. how to earn extra income from blogging and promoting products you like and would recommend to others, which is what I do, check out Wealthy Affiliate, my favourite platform for online marketers. You can create a free account, which will enable you to make your own website in a few simple steps, and host it with them – free of charge – for as long as you like. You can test it right now by trying their free website builder SiteRubix. Thank you for visiting!
Let’s keep in touch:
This is very cool and I’ve always been a believer that manipulating your energy and self-boosting your immune system is the first and arguably the most powerful line of defense not only against COV-19, but against any potential epidemic or pandemic. Being a kinesthetic learner, I played the videos and went through the exercises and did this after my morning workout as well – rather brutal bodyweight workout that consisted of roughly 1,500 repetitions. After doing these exercises sort of like a cool down, I immediately felt better. I’m going to repeat them prior to my five-mile run later today and see what the results are, as well as perform these twice a day, every day. Excellent article and information to share during such times.
I’m so pleased to hear that, Todd – what a brilliant idea to add these exercises as a follow up to your ‘rather brutal bodyweight workout’! :)) Engaging in these exercises is equivalent to developing a conversation with your body – you’ll become more attuned to it and start feeling the benefits of working with these subtle (but often tangible) energies more and more. It will not only strengthen your immune system, but also emotional resilience, and often sort out various imbalances in your meridians – the measurable energetic pathways which have a direct impact on the organs and the multiple systems of the body. Enjoy!
The first i want to do is try to share this great article with some of my friends. The website is really nice. and i have learnt something tangible from this well detailed article on how to strengthen our immune system. after watching the video, i have decided that it will be a constant ritual for me to engage my daily energy routine from the suggestions that you have given
How lovely to read this, Smoochi. The great thing about doing The Daily Energy Routine as a ritual, as you rightly say, is that you will start noticing the overall improvement in your health quite quickly. Everything around us is energy, including us, only in denser form, and to know that you can influence its flow and strength is extremely empowering. Enjoy The Daily Energy Routine and all the other tips. The knowledge behind all this is fascinating and vast. I have just finished Year One of Eden Energy Medicine and learn a great amount of useful stuff, for example, a number of pain-relief techniques (feel free to check here – https://naturegrooves.com/how-to-get-rid-of-pain ). I find the ‘Zone Tapping’, based on reflexology, (point 6 in the article), really effective. May you find all these tools helpful!
hello there,The immune system is one of the most important system in the body as its the body’s defense against sickness and diseases. Just as we all update our windows defender so it is necessary we update our immune system that is make sure it is strong and fully functional.
Hi Juliet, I love how you used the comparison with the antivirus program! 🙂 That’s absolutely spot on. The best thing is to get into the habit of daily maintenance, make it a part of your daily routine so that it won’t feel just like another task. I am still amazed that I haven’t had a cold for almost two years! And I started doing these exercises (every morning) two years ago. And before that, I had a cold every three months on average. I’d recommend it to absolutely everyone.
Hell there. Strengthing your immune system is very vital as a strong immune system would have you set and ready for any pandemic like covid-19…as with a strong immune system your a very good chances of living longer and the risk of getting sick is very very low…thanks for sharing.
Cheers, David! It makes me so happy when people ‘get’ these things, that other might perceive as ‘too alternative’, or woo-woo 🙂 The best thing is to have your own experience with it, because soon you’ll start to feel that working with your own energies really works. I use it daily, for example when I start feeling tired. If you watch that Daily Energy Routine video, there’s a part called the ‘Four Thumps’, where you’re tapping on your cheekbones, chest etc. This simple stuff works on me every time I feel tired – it’s rather amazing. Do try it out! All the best.
Now, I can really that this is a good post. I should first commend the input of effort in making this superb website with nice features and also writing an article on how to strengthen our immune system. the effect of covid 19 on the world has revealed our weak our immune system can be. this is great help.
Thanks, Benny! I really recommend trying these exercises out and recommending them to others, especially anyone in the more vulnerable group. I have ‘ordered’ my parents to do at least the ‘Four Thumps’, (the beginning of the Daily Energy Routine) and now I have some peace of mind that they are maintaining their health, rather than just sit over the news and worry.
God, I needed so much this type of article because I was so anxious about the Coronavirus. It’s incredible what is happening around the world. I still can’t believe it. I feel like living in a movie. Anyway, I need to reinforce my immune system and, most importantly, calm down. I’ll do what the videos explain, and by the way, I have bookmarked your article so I can follow your instructions. It’s long time I wanted to do meditation, but I never had the time so far. Because or thanks to Corona, I will have more time now.
Thank you for this excellent post!
Dear Daniela, I’m so pleased to read your words, you’ve made my morning! I hope that by following some of the tips you have started to feel some difference, and gained more confidence in your own body’s defense system. What I have found, that this have a direct impact on my nervous system, my mood and emotional stability. Someone has said that emotion is ‘energy in motion’. It’s brilliant to know that emotions such as anxiety and fear generated by reading the news about the pandemic don’t need to have to completely control us, but that we can be in control. Thanks for your lovely comment and hope you’ll make (or you have already made) the best out of it!